Good afternoon LKS Families.
We hope you are all healthy and well.
The LKS staff have been busy this week cleaning up our classrooms, packing, and organizing all of your children’s belongings. When parent pick-up begins next week it should be fairly seamless and organized for all. If you haven’t already heard from your child’s homeroom teacher, please expect messaging and in many cases pictures of what to expect when you come in to LKS June 10 through June 16.
We only have a couple updates this week.
- Parent Access to LKS
- Parent Council Meeting – Monday June 8, 2020
Parent Access to LKS
From Wednesday June 10, 2020 until Tuesday June 16, 2020, parents are able to come into LKS to collect any items left behind by your child(ren) and return any outstanding school items. This process follows all physical distancing requirements, which means that it will take some time for everyone to have the opportunity to come in. We are being as responsible as possible in how we move through this process and that the number of people who can be in our school at a given time is well below what is allowed by Toronto Public Health. We appreciate your patience and support as we work through this together.
· Be patient.
· Try to come alone, though we recognize this is not possible for all families.
· Conduct self-screening measures. Only those who have passed will be granted access.
· Access will not be granted to those exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
· Arrive at your designated time.
· Enter through the designated doors – main school doors. Exit through the Government Road doors nearest the office.
· Hand sanitizer will be provided upon entry and a face mask must be worn.
· Respect all physical distancing requirements, staying at least 6 feet (2m) away from others who do not live with you.
· Drop off any items, such as library books, at the entrance door (include your child’s name, teacher and list of items returned).
· Retrieve belongings from the classroom or locker quickly.
· Put any garbage in the bins provided.
· Know that playgrounds are not open.
· Exit school building and property promptly.
To book a time to come into LKS:
· Go to www.schoolinterviews.ca between Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 pm on Monday, June 8, 2020 to select a time to access LKS to pick up your child(ren)’s belongings.
· Click on Make a Booking.
· Enter the event code a6w9v.
· Select the classroom, date and the 15 minute time slot you would like to come into the building.
Parents with more than one child, please only book one appointment time. You will be able to go to all your children’s homerooms during your time slot to gather all the belongings.
Before coming to the school, confirm with your child such things as:
Homeroom Teacher’s name: __________________________________________
Items that you left at school and where they are located (also ask if they are labelled and a description):
· Clothing (coats, sweaters, extra clothing, gym clothes, etc.)
· Medical items (glasses, medication, etc.)
· Personal belongings (lunch bags, shoes, toys)
· School supplies (binders, pencil cases, notebooks, etc.)
Are there items in any other place other than your desk in your homeroom? (Coat racks, lockers, other
What is your locker number? What is the combination? ______________________________
2. Parent Council
Please join Parent Council for the final meeting of this school year on Monday, June 8th at 7pm. The meeting will be conducted via Zoom. Please see link below. Voting members are requested to join the meeting to ensure we can pass the minutes from previous meetings.
Agenda items include: pizza lunch survey results, grad committee update, PC executive vacancies, year-end financial update, John Currie & Kimm Norton update.
LKS Parent Council Zoom Meeting
Time: Jun 8, 2020 07:00 PM America/Toronto
Join Zoom Meeting
Thank you everyone and have a wonderful weekend.
John and Kimm