Kindergarten registration is approaching in February. Please read below for details and to sign up to help welcome the new students and parents.
Registration is open for lunch and after school programs, details below.
In this week’s Bulletin:
Parent Council News
- January 20 Meeting @ 7pm in the library
- Kindie registration volunteers needed
- Allergy policy reminder
- Winter 2020 Lunch & After School Programs
- Kindergarten registration info
- Toronto Police Cyber Crime Presentation – flyer attached
PARENT COUNCIL NEWS:
January 20 Parent Council Meeting @ 7pm
The next Parent Council meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 20 at 7pm in the school library. The option to call-in and listen to the meeting will be provided for parents unable to attend in person – information provided below. Voting members are reminded they must attend in person. We look forward to seeing all who can attend! Childcare will be provided.
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
Canada (Toll Free): 1 888 455 1389
Access Code: 248-256-789
First GoToMeeting? Let’s do a quick system check:
Please note: if the strike proceeds on Monday, the meeting will be cancelled. The next meeting would be Monday, February 24, 2020.
Volunteers Needed for Kindie Registration
To help with the Kindergarten registration process and welcome our new LKS members, we need some parent volunteers! Volunteers will greet the registering parents and children and hand out snacks provided by LKS to make them feel excited about their new educational environment.
If you are able to volunteer, please visit the SignUpGenius form at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E084DA9AA2AA5FF2-kindergarten1 and contact Krista Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Your help is appreciated!
Allergy Policy Reminder – LKS is a PEANUT/TREE NUT SAFE SCHOOL
There are a number of children who attend LKS with life-threatening allergies to peanut and/or nut related products. Students who have severe allergies to such food substances are exposed to a severe health risk when any peanut and/or nut related products are consumed in their environment or shared with them. Although a popular choice, Tim Hortons’ donuts and timbits cannot be distributed for birthday treats or at class parties. Please see the attached information letter to help with planning for daily snacks as well as special “class treats.”
Art in Action Winter Sessions
Stay warm inside and spark your creativity this winter with Art in Action!
Join Art in Action and discover many new artists and art techniques. We will be inspired by the works of Marc Chagall, Tom Thomson, Pablo Picasso, Jonas Wood, Tang Yau Hoong and many others. Art in Action has an art history component as well as the tactile experience of experimenting with different art techniques and working with a variety of art materials including watercolours, acrylics, oil pastels, chalk pastels and more. Fundamental concepts of the Elements of Design, as well as the Principles of Art, are presented in a fun and engaging way.
This art enrichment program is geared for success with approachable step-by-step projects. Create a new piece each week!
Winter Program: Mondays after school (Jan 13 – Mar 9, 8 classes)
To register please go to artinactiontoronto.com
Explore It! Winter Afterschool Programs
Explore It! is happy to be offering fun and educational afterschool programs for your children again this Winter! Programs for JK/SK and Grades 1 to 3 are being offered after-school on Wednesdays and Thursdays starting in January. For program information and to register go to: http://www.exploreitall.ca/registrations/lambton-kingsway-p-s
Lunch and After School Programs (Flyers attached)
We are happy to be partnering with theses outside agencies to provide lunchtime and after school programs:
- Art In Action – Mondays after school
- MusIQ – Tuesdays after school
- Logics Academy (Robotics) (1-3 / 4-8) – Tuesdays at lunch
- ExtraEd (Chess) – Wednesdays at lunch
- Explore It – Thursdays after school
- In the Mix (Yoga) – Fridays after school
February is Kindergarten Registration Month
We look forward to welcoming our newest LKS community members! To attend Junior Kindergarten in September, children must be four years old by December 31, 2020. To register for Senior kindergarten, children must be five years old before December 31, 2020. Our official registration dates at LKS are Wednesday, February 19th and Thursday, February 20th between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm. Parents can start the registration process online starting February 3rd by going to www.tdsb.on.ca/kindergarten and completing the online registration form. Once you have completed the registration form, call the school at (416)394-7890 to book an appointment to submit the required documents and for you and your new Kindergarten student to meet a Kindergarten teacher. If you would prefer to pick up registration forms from the office and fill them out at home on paper instead of online, that’s fine too. The paper forms will be available starting February 1st as well. When you come to your scheduled appointment, please remember to bring:
- Your Kindergarten child
- Proof of age (birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian Citizenship card or certificate)
- Proof of address (a copy of your “Agreement of Purchase and Sale” or “Agreement to Lease” plus one other piece of identification that shows your address, such as a residential phone bill)
- Proof of immunization – please report online www.toronto.ca/studentvaccines. If unable to report online, parents can provide the immunization card to the school and the school will mail a copy to Toronto Public Health.
- Verification of date of arrival, if your child was not born in Canada. Families who are permanent residents and refugee claimants may register directly at the school. Children without immigration status are welcome in our schools and information about them or their families will not be shared with immigration authorities. To register, please visit the International Programs and Admissions Office at 5050 Yonge Street, on the main floor, for a TDSB school admission letter.
Ideally we will have the majority of registrations done during these two dates. Please remember to book an appointment. Please feel free to share this information with community members who have Kindergarten aged children.