We hope you are enjoying the last few days of summer vacation!
We are busy getting things finalized and making sure everything is ready for the students on Tuesday, September 3. In regards to first day procedures, here is the plan:
All students should be at school for 8:35 a.m.
- Our JK/SK students are to meet in the Kindergarten play area.
- Grade 1, 2 and Grade 2/3 students are to meet their teachers on the school turf.
- Grade 3, 3/4 and Grade 4 students are to meet their teachers on the pavement on the east side of the school by the basketball courts.
- Grade 4/5, 5 and 6 students are to meet their teachers on the pavement by the front school doors.
- Grade 7 and 8 students are to meet their teachers by the entry doors on Government Road.
Class lists will be posted at approximately 2:00 p.m. Friday on the windows by the main entrance to the school and placements will also be emailed out that afternoon. Please remember to have your child’s OEN number with you when checking the lists – on the June report card. As all (or almost all) JK/SK students know your teachers, you will not be part of this process. If there are any JK/SK parents out there who are unsure of your child’s teacher, please meet in the kindergarten play area at 8:35 a.m. on Tuesday and we will be there to help you out.
The school website continues to be updated and now includes a day schedule, school year calendar and some upcoming dates.
Looking forward to Tuesday!!
John, Kimm and the entire LKS Staff