In this week’s Bulletin, you will find information on:
Parent Council News
- Fall Fair – October 24
- Parent Council Meeting – October 29
- Parent Social – November 9
- Vacancy – Environmental Committee
School News and Activities
- Chess Club at Lunch – See attached
- Helpful Links (including NEW Extra Curricular calendar)
Parent Council News:
Fall Fair – October 24 @ 3-5pm – Event Volunteers Needed
Volunteers are needed for the Fall Fair to assist with pony rides and pumpkins. Responsibilities include collecting donations, making change and managing lineups. There are four 30-minute shifts available: 3-3:30pm, 3:30-4pm, 4-4:30pm and 4:30-5pm. There are four volunteers required per half-hour shift, two for each activity.
Please sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0945AFA728A2FA7-lksparent
Parent Council Meeting – Monday, October 29, 7 pm
All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend. Childcare will be provided in the computer lab during the meeting.
Attached you will find the minutes and Principal Report from the September meeting.
Parent Social – November 9, 8pm
The 2018-19 LKS Parent Social will be again held at the Crooked Cue starting at 8:00 p.m.
This is a great opportunity to support the school and catch up with neighbourhood friends old and new! Tickets will be $60 each (including a $20 donation that supports The Arts at LKS, Artist in the School, and the School Musical).
Mark it in your calendar and get your tickets – available online today through http://schoolcashonline.com/
Silent Auction & Mystery Bag Donations
At this year’s Parent Social we are holding a Silent Auction and Mystery Bag Fundraiser. This is a call out to our parent community and local businesses to donate items for our auction and mystery bags!
Mystery bags will include a few larger ticket items like sports tickets, and ski passes, to smaller items such as a bottle of wine or gift certificate. Please consider tapping in to your network to help fill the bags with something fun! 100% of money raised goes towards enriching your child’s experience at LKS. Businesses will be recognized on the sponsorship poster and our Facebook page. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you can donate.
Vacancy – Environmental Committee
An opportunity is available for an enthusiastic volunteer or group of volunteers to work with school staff in creating an eco-friendly school environment. Volunteers will identify programming, activities, guest speakers or in-school presentations for students with funding provided by Parent Council. Past programs include Earth Week and Earth Day events, Earth Rangers and Birds of Prey presentations. If you are interested in this opportunity, please email Allison Needham (email@example.com) or Kerry Collings (firstname.lastname@example.org).
School News and Activities:
Chess Club at Lunch – see attached
- Dates: October 17 to December 5 (8-week term)
- Day: Wednesdays Lunch Time: 11:29am – 12:28pm
- Open to: Grades 1 to 8
- Follow Principal Currie on Twitter: @LambtonKingsway
- School website: http://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/lambtonkingsway. There will be updates on the main page as well as at Currie’s Corner which is a tab for parents and teacher blogs.
- Parent Council Website: http://lksparentcouncil.com
- Parent Council on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Lambton-Kingsway-JMS-Parents-315058998868324/
- Cashless Website: http://tdsb.schoolcashonline.com/
- Fundraising: https://lksparentcouncil.com/fundraising/
- Lunch Lady: thelunchlady.ca
- LKS Extra Curricular calendar: https://sites.google.com/tdsb.on.ca/extracurricularlks/home