In this week’s Bulletin, you will find information on:
- Crossing Guard Issues – Email to provide feedback
- Police Check Reminder
- Cross Country Meet – October 3
- School Photos – October 4
- Fall Fair (NEW DATE October 24) Committee Lead Needed – Information Below
- Terry Fox Update
- Lunch Lady –Please visit thelunchlady.ca
- Chess Club Fall 2018
- After School Programs
- TDSB Connects Newsletter Sept 2018
- Ward 3 Town Hall Meeting – Tuesday, October 2nd
- Helpful Links
Crossing Guard Issues – Email to provide feedback
We have noted several safety issues with the current crossing guards. As this responsibility transitions away from the TDSB, the new provider has contracted this out to a security company. Many of us have expressed concerns about the job they are doing. If you are interested in supporting the call to action to provide feedback on the lack of effectiveness of the current crossing guards at our school, please email the following with a CC to the Landy at the second email address:
Police Check Reminder
If you filled out the form for Police checks, the form will be sent to your house and you must bring that to the school office. The TDSB requires that they have the original. Zofia Stefanowicz in the school office will make a copy for you and send the original to the board. If the original is not sent to the board you will not be able to volunteer at the school. So please bring the cleared (will say on the top right-hand corner) to the office.
Fall Fair (NEW DATE October 24) – Coordinator/Committee Lead Needed
Parent Council is seeking a new Coordinator/Committee Lead for the Fall Fair. A new and popular event at LKS, the Fall Fair is a way to welcome LKS families back to school and reconnect with friends. Fall Fair is a turnkey two-hour event that typically includes a petting zoo, food trucks, free refreshments and a bounce house. It is not a fundraising event. Parent Council executive will provide assistance throughout the planning process.
– contacting and securing entertainment and food vendors (complete list of contacts provided)
– liaise with school administration to plan timing, location and logistics
– liaise with parent council executive
– create and distribute marketing materials, including emails and posters (design contacts available)
– recruit and direct volunteers to help plan and run the event (2-3 volunteers for planning; additional 2-3 for event day)
– set-up and tear-down of event
– identify and contact potential corporate and community sponsors
Terry Fox Update
Thank you to all who came out to our annual Terry Fox Walk. It certainly was a beautiful day! Our fundraising goal this year is $21,727.50. So far we have reached the $10,000 mark. Pledges will be accepted until just after the Thanksgiving weekend. Let’s meet our goal once again this year, which is only 5 cents more than last year! Please go to http://www.terryfox.ca/LambtonKingswayJMSEtobicoke or send in your paper pledge sheets with cash and/or cheques made out to The Terry Fox Foundation. Extra pledge sheets are available in the office or from Mrs. Gibson.
After School Programs
LKS is happy to be working with after-school programs to provide an array of fun and engaging learning opportunities for our students. Please note that these programs are not affiliated with the Before and After school program operating in the school. These programs are not affiliated with LKS, including supervision. The companies permit out the space and we assist in providing information to parents only. Stay tuned for more information about additional programs.