Hello LKS Parents,
Welcome back to another amazing year at LKS! Below and attached is the first Parent Council Weekly Bulletin. Once everyone has submitted their contact information forms for class lists, you will be receiving these from your Grade Parents throughout the year.
In this week’s Bulletin, you will find information on:
- School Cash Online Orders – Pizza, Subway, Milk, Gym t-shirt & Planner
- Pizza Lunch Sign Up details – Order Deadline Sept. 20
- Lunch Lady –Please visit www.thelunchlady.com
- Curriculum Night – September 20
- Parent Council Meeting – September 24 @ 7:00 p.m. – Child care provided in computer lab
- Fall Fair (October 17) Committee Lead Needed – Information Below
- Terry Fox Campaign Info Below – Walk date September 27
- After School Programs
- Helpful Links
School Cash Online Orders
The following items are available for purchase at www.schoolcashonline.com
- Pizza Lunches for September to December – Order Deadline September 20
- Subway Lunches for September to December
- Milk Orders for September to December
- LKS Gym T-Shirt
- School Planner
Pizza Lunch Sign-up
We are pleased to announce that once again LKS is having a monthly pizza lunch.
As last year, pizza from Domino and a treat will be provided. We will be taking ONLY secure ONLINE orders & payments through www.schoolcashonline.com
To order, please log into your School Cash Online account and you will have two options:
- a) 1 slice of cheese pizza and 1 treat for $5,60 or
- b) 2 slices of cheese pizza and 1 treat for $8,60.
Order deadline is September 20th for September-December 2018 (Please note that there will be a separate sign up notification in December to order for the rest of the year) No late orders or cash will be accepted after the deadline.
Pizza Lunch dates are:
- Order by Sept 20th for Sept 28th, Oct 26th, Nov 23rd and Dec 14th.
- Order later in December for Jan 25th, Feb 22nd, Mar 29th, Apr 26th, May 31st, and Jun 27th (Lunch on the Lawn)
Your participation is appreciated, as all funds raised go to LKS.
Fall Fair October 17 – Coordinator/Committee Lead Needed
Parent Council is seeking a new Coordinator/Committee Lead for the Fall Fair. A new and popular event at LKS, the Fall Fair is a way to welcome LKS families back to school and reconnect with friends. Fall Fair is a turnkey two-hour event that typically includes a petting zoo, food trucks, free refreshments and a bounce house. It is not a fundraising event. Parent Council executive will provide assistance throughout the planning process.
– contacting and securing entertainment and food vendors (complete list of contacts provided)
– liaise with school administration to plan timing, location and logistics
– liaise with parent council executive
– create and distribute marketing materials, including emails and posters (design contacts available)
– recruit and direct volunteers to help plan and run the event (2-3 volunteers for planning; additional 2-3 for event day)
– set-up and tear-down of event
– identify and contact potential corporate and community sponsors
If interested, please contact Allison Needham (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kerry Collings (email@example.com).
Parent Council Meeting – Monday, September 24, 7 p.m.
The first meeting is Mon. Sept. 24, 7pm in the LKS Library. All parents are welcome and encouraged to attend, and a new council will be elected. We need your involvement! Childcare will be provided in the computer lab during the meeting.
Many roles are still available, and most committees have room for additional members.
Terry Fox Campaign
This year marks the 38th anniversary of Terry’s Marathon of Hope and our 18th year of participating. Pledge sheets are being sent home with all students on Friday Sept. 7 and they are due just after the Thanksgiving weekend. http://www.terryfox.ca/LambtonKingswayJMSEtobicoke
Our walk is on Thursday Sept. 27, and all are welcome to join us.
The Terry Fox Student Helpers will once again be selling raffle tickets starting on Wednesday Sept. 12 at lunch. Tickets are 1 for $1 or 3 for $2. Come out and support a great cause and win lots of great prizes. Together we all help to keep Terry’s dream alive in finding a cure for cancer!
After School Programs
LKS is happy to be working with after-school programs to provide an array of fun and engaging learning opportunities for our students. Please note that these programs are not affiliated with the Before and After school program operating in the school. These programs are not affiliated with LKS, including supervision. The companies permit out the space and we assist in providing information to parents only.
Stay tuned for more information about additional programs.
LKS Explore It! Fall 2018 – times will shift slightly as they were unaware of our new school schedule
Art In Action at LKS Fall 2018
- Monday’s after school, Sept 24 – Nov 19
- Open to students in grades 1 – 8
- 8 classes for $135, this includes all supplies
- To register please visit our website: http://artinactiontoronto.com/
Inspired by famous artists throughout the world our program has an art history component as well as the tactile experience of working with a variety of art materials. Create a new piece each week.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org